Blueberry Peach Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
Total Time:2 hours, 20 minutes
This rich, creamy, mouthwatering dessert is a perfect way to punctuate a delicious dinner or special occasion.
- 1 loaf challah bread (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches (about 2 peaches)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, in pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 2 tablespoons of butter. Layer slices of bread in the dish along with sliced peaches and blueberries. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Carefully pour this mixture over the top of the bread and fruit. Let stand for one hour, pressing down on the bread occasionally to help it absorb the liquid. Bake for 1 hour until the top begins to brown lightly and the liquid is mostly absorbed. Let pudding stand 15 minutes while you make the sauce.
- Place chopped white chocolate, butter, and heavy cream in the top of a double boiler, over low heat. Melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and whisk to make a smooth sauce. Drizzle over slices of bread pudding and serve warm.
Pair this luscious dessert with small cups of Fair Trade espresso or tea.
Calories: 354, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 130 mg, Sodium: 583 mg, Carbohydrate: 102 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 16 g