Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
Total Time:2 hours 20 minutes (including freezing time)
It's fun to shake up (Thanksgiving) tradition with something new. This easy pie just might become a new holiday favorite.
- 30 small gingersnap cookies, (about 7 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 pints (4 cups) frozen low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
To soften ice cream quickly, microwave on Medium-Low for 30 to 60 seconds.
Calories: 231, Carbohydrates: 42 g., Fat: 5 mg., Saturated Fat: 1 mg., Monounsaturated Fat: 2 mg., Protein: 4 mg., Cholesterol: 4 g., Fiber: 2 g., Postassium: mg., Sodium: 179 mg., Added Sugars: mg.