Avocado and Scrambled Egg Toasts with Lox
Total Time:30 minutes
Servings:4 (8 toasts)
These toasts are easy to make and serve, but combine a surprising array of flavors that will delight your diners. Crispy toasts are topped with creamy avocado, which complements the lox the same way that cream cheese or sour cream does, with the exotic and luscious flavor that only avocados have. This is a fun twist on the classic—and much loved breakfast—scrambled eggs.
- 8 slices of baguette, cut on a diagonal
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- olive oil, for pan
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 4 ounces lox
- Slice the baguette and either toast slices in a toaster, or place them on a sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Heat a medium cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour the eggs into the pan, and scramble, scraping with a spatula until the eggs are softly cooked, then remove from heat.
- Mash the avocado and spread it on the toasts, then top with eggs, chives, and a half ounce of lox per toast. Serve immediately.
These toasts are easy enough to make any day of the week. Their elegance also makes them a perfect brunch or special occasion dish.
Calories: 270, Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 165 mg, Sodium: 993 mg, Carbohydrate: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 16 g