Baked Tofu with Ginger Cilantro Pesto
Total Time:1 hour; 15 minutes active
Golden brown baked tofu is infused with Southeast Asian flavors. The ginger-cilantro pesto is also great on pasta, fish and in soup.
- 1 pound tofu, cut into small squares, cubes, or triangles
- 1 ounce tamari soy sauce
Cilantro Ginger Pesto
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- To prepare tofu, preheat the oven to 375°F. Toss the cut tofu with the tamari to evenly coat, and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, approximately 35-40 minutes, turning tofu occasionally to ensure even browning. Remove from oven and cool.
- To prepare pesto, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add oil if needed to thin the pesto.
- Toss the cooled tofu with the pesto and sesame seeds to coat.
255 calories, 17 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 778 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 20 g. protein