Corn and Kidney Bean Salad
Total Time:40 minutes to 2 hours; 10 minutes active
This side salad is perfect any time of the year and goes well with your favorite grilled foods.
- 16 ounces corn kernels, fresh, canned, or frozen
- 16 ounces kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley), chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Rinse and drain the kidney beans and corn (if canned).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and apple cider vinegar. Add garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, kidney beans, and red onions. Toss with dressing and let sit 30 minutes to 2 hours at room temperature. Garnish with fresh lime wedges.
561 calories, 2 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 334 mg. sodium, 112 g. carbohydrate, 32 g. fiber, 31 g. protein