Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap
Total Time:25 minutes
White beans mashed with ripe avocado and blended with sharp Cheddar and onion makes an incredibly rich, flavorful filling for this wrap. The tangy, spicy slaw adds crunch. A pinch (or more) of ground chipotle pepper and an extra dash of cider vinegar can be used in place of the canned chipotles in adobo sauce.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps or tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
Tips & Notes
Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Once opened, they'll keep at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
346 calories, 17 g. fat, 15 mg. cholesterol, 462 mg. sodium, 44 g. carbohydrate, 13 g. fiber, 12 g. protein