Crispy Gluten-Free Baked Chicken
Total Time:40 minutes; 15 minutes active
Discover your new "go to" recipe with this nutty, flavorful, gluten-free oven baked chicken.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 package gluten-free multigrain crackers (about 2.5 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil, then place an oiled baking rack on the foil-lined sheet. Set aside.
- Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Place the crackers in the processor bowl and pulse to make crunchy crumbs; stop before they are powdered. Transfer to the bowl with the almonds, add the paprika and toss to mix.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the egg with Dijon mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Dip each breast half in the egg mixture, then roll in crumbs, packing them on the top. Place on the oiled rack on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
700 calories, 27 g. fat, 300 mg. cholesterol, 740 mg. sodium, 30 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 80 g. protein