Curry Lime Dressing with Arugula & Pepper Salad
Total Time:15 minutes
In this dressing, coconut milk takes the place of oil, giving the dressing a rich, sweet flavor. It’s a festival of Asian flavors, with chiles, fish sauce and green curry creating a very quick curry sensation. Try it over veggies, grains, noodles, or even as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or crudités.
- 5 ounces baby arugula, 6 cups
- 1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, (optional, lite version)
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste, or less
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or soy sauce
- In a small saucepot, combine the coconut milk, curry paste and shallot. Whisk to mix and then bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook for about a minute, stirring. Remove from heat and add the brown sugar and fish sauce and stir to combine. Stir in lime juice. Let cool.
- For salad, toss the arugula and peppers in a large salad bowl, then drizzle with the dressing and toss. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Calories: 179, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 424 mg, Carbohydrate: 14 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 4 g