Fruit Flower Blossoms
Total Time:30 minutes
Kids will have fun making (and eating!) these pretty, delicious fruit flowers. A great snack or picnic project.
- 1 watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 bunch each green and red grapes
- Handful of blueberries
- Wooden skewers
- Large and small sized cookie cutters
- Cut the removed end of the watermelon into 1/2-inch slices; cut the honeydew melon and the cantaloupe into 1/2-inch slices. Use small and large flower cookie cutters to cut flowers from the melon slices.
- Slide four grapes onto a wooden skewer. Slide a large melon flower onto the skewer. Slide a smaller melon flower on top. Put a grape or blueberry on the end. Make a lot of flowers from the fruit. Mix and match melon, grapes, and blueberries.
- Set the watermelon on a plate on the smaller cut end. Stick the skewers into the top of the watermelon for a fruity flower bouquet!
Use different kinds of cookie cutters. Try hearts or stars. Get creative with your fruit too! Try kiwis, strawberries, or pineapples.
70 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 20 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 1 g. protein