Grapefruit, Spinach and Edamame Salad
Total Time:10 minutes
Break out of your salad rut and make this tangy treat, with sparkling grapefruit sections, crunchy edamame and creamy avocado.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 large red or pink grapefruit,
- peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 large avocado
- In a cup or small jar, combine the lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce and fresh ginger. Whisk or shake to mix.
- Spread the spinach leaves on two dinner plates, then top with grapefruit sections and sprinkle with edamame. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and use a paring knife to slice the flesh in the shell. Use a spoon to scoop the slices out and place them on the salads.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
This salad is filling enough for a light vegetarian meal, or serve as a side for an Asian main course.
380 calories, 20 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 230 mg. sodium, 45 g. carbohydrate, 14 g. fiber, 13 g. protein