Khao Phat (Thai Fried Rice)
Total Time:25 minutes
A healthy Thai-style dish with brown jasmine rice and plenty of vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups bok choy, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cups cooked brown jasmine rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat a large wok or pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken, onions and the thick white parts of the bok choy and stir-fry until the chicken is almost cooked, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, peas and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and remaining bok choy and stir-fry, while mixing, for 2 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan; add the eggs and let them sit for a minute before scrambling and mixing them into the ingredients in the wok. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the fish sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha and lime juice along with the green onions and remove from heat.
Serve with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
455 calories, 9g. fat, 154 mg. cholesterol, 716 mg. sodium, 64 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 29 g. protein