Marinated Greek Cucumber Salad
Total Time:30 minutes
This cool, crunchy, brightly flavored salad is delicious as a side for grilled meats or a topping for falafel in a pita.
- 1 pound cucumbers (about 2 large), washed and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, dill, lemon juice, honey and olive oil. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss the sliced cucumbers and red onion with the dressing. Season the salad with salt and pepper, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese when ready to serve.
The cool crunch and bright flavors of this salad complement hearty grilled meats and sausages; or add it to a pita pocket stuffed with pre-made falafel, tabouli, or marinated baked tofu.
Calories: 114, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 17 mg, Sodium: 211 mg, Carbohydrate: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 3 g