Pecan Streusel Plum Bread
Total Time:1 hour; 20 minutes active
Servings:1 loaf (10 slices)
This sweet bread is filled with plums and topped with a with a brown sugar, cinnamon and pecan topping.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh plums (pits discarded)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the sugar, butter and coconut oil until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and blend well. Add vanilla, scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend well. Stir in half the flour mixture, then the yogurt, then the remaining flour. Using a spatula, gently fold in the plums until well distributed and pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the middle of the bread for doneness; the toothpick will come out clean when the bread is ready.
- Remove bread from the oven and let sit for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
270 calories, 13 g. fat, 55 mg. cholesterol, 196 mg. sodium, 35 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 4 g. protein