Smoked Salmon BLT
Total Time:15 minutes
Brighten up your day with this delightful twist on the classic BLT.
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, lemon zest and juice; stir to mix, reserve.
- In a medium skillet, fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Break each slice in half to fit on the muffin. Split and toast the muffins. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the bottom half of each muffin, then top with salmon, 2 pieces of bacon, a few leaves of spinach and a slice of tomato. Top with the other half of the muffin and serve immediately.
Add a bowl of mixed berries alongside this breakfast sandwich to start your day on the right foot. For an easy weekend lunch, enjoy it with a tall glass of iced tea.
200 calories, 10 g. fat, 15 mg. cholesterol, 640 mg. sodium, 21 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 12 g. protein