Thai Tuna Burgers
Total Time:30 minutes
Servings:6 large burgers
This tasty Thai tuna burgers make a delicious lunch or dinner. Great served with mixed green or sesame noodle salad.
- 24 ounces canned tuna packed in water
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Drain tuna and mix with carrots, cilantro, onion, peanuts, breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Combine with mayonnaise and mix well.
- Form into 6 burgers, each approximately 1-inch thick, and set aside.
- Over medium to medium-high, heat a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or spray skillet with pan spray. A hot griddle can also be used.
- Cook the burgers 4-6 minutes, until lightly browned on one side. Gently flip and brown the other side. The burgers should reach a temperature of 165°F.
Tips & Notes
Serving Tip: Serve with lime wedges and a mixed green or sesame noodle salad.
Per Serving: 523 calories, 41 g. fat, 47 mg. cholesterol, 10 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. dietary fiber, 34 g. protein, 802 mg. sodium.