Tortilla Snake Roll-Up
Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes; 15 minutes active
Get ready to rock and roll with this s-s-s-super lunchtime snack!
- 3 spinach tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 carrots
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 slices turkey
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 black olives
- Chop one carrot into small pieces. Cut a flat strip about 1 inch long from the other carrot. Cut the carrot strip into a forked tongue. Cut the remainder of the carrot into slices.
- Cut small squares out of the black olives.
Make the Snake
- Put one-third of the spinach leaves on the tortilla. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon each of chopped carrot, tomato, and avocado on the tortilla. Lay a slice of turkey on top.
- Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the toppings. Starting from an unfolded end, roll the tortilla up like a burrito.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 with the other tortillas. Wrap the three tortilla rolls in plastic wrap. Refrigerate them for 1 hour. This will help the tortillas stick together and stay tightly rolled when they are cut.
- Cut the tortilla rolls into 1-inch slices. Cut one slice in half diagonally to form a point.
- Lay the sliced tortilla rolls on a plate in an “s” shape. Put a carrot slice and a cucumber slice between each section of roll. Put the pointed section at one end for the tail. The other end is the head.
- Put the pimento olives on the head for eyes. Add the tongue. Put the black olive squares on the snake’s back for decoration.
378 calories, 13 g. fat, 14 mg. cholesterol, 752 mg. sodium, 56 g. carbohydrate, 16 g. fiber, 13 g. protein