Total Time:30 minutes active, 1 or more hours for marinating.
Simple and beautiful, this antipasto is perfect as an appetizer or as a side to your grilled entree.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed (or substitute asparagus instead)
- 8 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained, halved or quartered
- 10 marinated or oil-cured sundried tomatoes, cut into 3-4 strips each
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 4 ounces salami, cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks (optional)
- 4 ounces cheese (try fresh mozzarella, provolone, or parmesan), cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam or grill the green beans just until tender. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the green beans, artichokes, sundried tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers, salami, and cheese with the marinade ingredients. Let stand in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving. For best flavor, let the antipasto come to room temperature before serving.
Serve this dish as a side to your favorite grilled food or marinate the items separately and arrange them on a platter as an appetizer for a pasta main course. Try substituting fresh asparagus for the green beans in season!
Calories: 319, Fat: 26 g, Cholesterol: 34 mg, Sodium: 601 mg, Carbohydrate: 15 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 11 g