Total Time:30 minutes
Top these scrumptious crepe-like pancakes with jam for breakfast or whipped cream and chocolate shavings for dessert.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 14.5-ounce jar of fruit jam or preserves (lingonberry, raspberry or strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Place a sheet pan in the oven so you can keep the finished pancakes warm as you prepare them.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the flours, sugar, cardamom, salt, milk, eggs and 3 tablespoons of melted butter together until smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the pancakes, heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. When it is hot, coat lightly with a half-teaspoon of butter, then add about 3 tablespoons of batter and spread it very thin to create a pancake about 6 inches in diameter. Cook the pancake for 1 minute or until lightly browned, then flip with a spatula and cook on the other side for another minute. Gently place the finished pancake on the sheet pan in the oven to keep it warm, and repeat the steps to cook the remaining pancakes. Spread each pancake with about 2 teaspoons of jam, then fold or roll it up and serve warm.
These crepe-like pancakes are often eaten as a dessert and are so easy to customize! Top them with Chantilly whipped cream, or a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and powdered sugar. Nearly any seasonal fresh fruit makes a fantastic filling, too; try sliced bananas with chocolate sauce.
329 calories, 11 g. fat, 129 mg. cholesterol, 105 mg. sodium, 45 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 7 g. protein