Asian Collard Wraps
Total Time:45 minutes
Wrapped in collard greens, these easy wraps are as delicious as they are nutritious.
- 1 bunch collard greens, washed well, large stems removed
- 4 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, blanch the collard leaves for about one minute each. Set them gently on a towel to dry.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain the noodles well and toss them with tamari, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
- To prepare the wraps, lay out one blanched collard leaf with the stem side towards the bottom. Place about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of rice noodles at the bottom of the leaf. On top of the rice noodles, pile a few pieces of carrot, red cabbage, and red pepper. Sprinkle with a pinch of green onions and cilantro. Fold the bottom of the collard leaf up over the fillings. Fold in each side of the collard leaf and continue to roll upwards until you have a burrito-like wrap. Set aside and repeat process with the rest of the leaves and filling.
135 calories, 2 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 338 mg. sodium, 26 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 4 g. protein